#21 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,251 posts
  • I am:Female
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

oh yes you can, demand peace and quiet, how dare they drive past your house whilst your in meditation!! :lol::)

I understand what your saying, it isnt easy. I had this problem when i forst started out on my spiritual development, before opening up to spirit, thought that I would never do it or block it out but I did eventually. It just happens,you find a way to do that. When you do something enough,then it gets easier. But you have to be patient with it and yourself.

Let the noise pass by, try not to get irritated by it, just let it flow right past. Eventually you will learn to switch this off and things will get easier for you. Just takes a little time.patience and perseverance. To hopefully make it easier for you, could you not try meditating in another room, somewhere less noisy? also try putting on some soft,calming music in the background, sounds of nature,waterfalls,streams,sea,flutes,panpipes, anything instrumental that doesnt have words in it will do.

see how you go with that. But just remember to keep at it. If you really get irritated and possibly even angry about it,then just stop and go and do something else until you are feeling more in the mood to meditate.
NEW offering Handcrafted Gifts, cards, jewellery and other gifts all handmade by me Stone Rainbow , you can visit one of my sites here www.facebook.com/stonerainbowcreations or check out my eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/stone_rainbow/m.html?item=112594491814&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please also contact me for details if you are interested.

#22 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,251 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:00 PM

Good advice Joe. i didnt see you up there :lol:
NEW offering Handcrafted Gifts, cards, jewellery and other gifts all handmade by me Stone Rainbow , you can visit one of my sites here www.facebook.com/stonerainbowcreations or check out my eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/stone_rainbow/m.html?item=112594491814&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

#23 OFFLINE   InTheMoment

InTheMoment

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,657 posts
  • I am:Male
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:01 PM

It takes time and practice. Honestly the harder you try to block out all these outside sounds the less successful your meditations are going to be.

In meditation you need to except all the thoughts and noises for what they are. It does take practice but please remember not to block anything. Instead of thinking of it as a distraction think of it as a noise, except the noise and try to get back to whatever type of meditation your doing.

A little bit of meditation goes a long way !!!

#24 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,251 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:04 PM

whats happened here? :huh::lol: your post Joe when I looked was above mine? but now it isnt and its underneath???? confused, you will be!! :s:s:) thats why i made the comment i didnt see you up there!! :omg:

have i just had some sort of premonition :lol: ..wingman??

#25 OFFLINE   InTheMoment

InTheMoment

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

That was me. lol

I am having a funny day. I just thought you did not see the post. So I posted it below lol.

Laughing too hard right now.

#26 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,251 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

And there was me thinking i was having some kind of spooky experience! :lol::smkbot: oh well..........:)

Thanks for explaining. :)

#27 OFFLINE   sarah32

sarah32

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:17 PM

Thanks for the advice both Claire and Joe. i really appreciate it. I shall try and keep in mind what you've both said and see how I go with it.:kiss::thanks:

#28 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,251 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:24 AM

You'll get there Sarah, takes patience and determination,but you'll get there if you really wanting to do it.:kiss:

#29 OFFLINE   InTheMoment

InTheMoment

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:40 AM

Did anybody find the time to do their meditations yet???

#30 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,251 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 14 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

no i havent had chance to try again yet. things have been a little too busy as of late.

we are off over to grandma and grandads again today for the week. so may find some time over there.

#31 OFFLINE   1111

Aly

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,381 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

I haven't had time to either yet.
The closest I have got, is thinking I need to make time, but it hasn't happened yet!:dodgy::smkbot:

#32 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,251 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:06 PM

:lol: yeah well we all think about it dont we, but this is why we have this on here, as we all need to get our :mn: into gear!!! :lol: im not doing too good with that though, as me and Nathan at my parents this week, landed here yesterday and Nathan decided he wanted to get up at 4.30am! :scared: he's been going through a phase of this for over a week or so, but its not like you can kip on the sofa as he's fussing and keeping you awake! so we only had 3 hours sleep at that point :omg: trouble is there's no daddy to look after him whilst i catch up on sleep!

so the only meditating i will be doing this week is in my sleep! when i have it :scared:

#33 OFFLINE   1111

Aly

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,381 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 16 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

Oh well you are definitely excused if you don't meditate Claire.:kiss:
That is a legitimate excuse for sure!:agree:

I on the other hand just need to walk away from my computer and take a break from processing and go and do it!:smkbot::smkbot::omg:

I must get my:mn: into gear as you say!:P:rofl:

I hope Nathan starts sleeping better hours so you can catch up on your much needed ZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzz:sleepy:

#34 OFFLINE   Guilly

Guilly

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 419 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:03 PM

Did anybody find the time to do their meditations yet???

No, been really busy in the material world this week so not had the time :( This week Claire and Nathan are sleeping in the room which is normally my quiet room so will not get the chance to meditate for a few days.
Posted Image

#35 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,251 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

Thats right, blame me :lol::):) im only joking,you know i am :kiss:

i could do with meditating too, will probably do a bit of that when im not so tired, will report back with my findings when i do.

#36 OFFLINE   InTheMoment

InTheMoment

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 July 2009 - 10:50 PM

Like everybody else. We all keep talking about it, but seems life and the computer :lol: Keeps us too busy.

It is not really beneficial to meditate when tired. Like Claire said all that ends up happening is falling asleep.

Well I will try to meditate soon and try to get my fat :mn: is gear. :ooops:

#37 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,251 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:30 AM

well does listening to my reiki cd at 5am in the morning count? :omg::lol: had a bit of a bad night last night, not much sleep at all, and neithers nathan. was teething again. Guillys only had two hours sleep and had to go out this morning for an apointment.

#38 OFFLINE   InTheMoment

InTheMoment

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

That is not good. Hope the teething stuff settles down soon, but it is just beginning.

Hope you guys get a better sleep tonight.

#39 OFFLINE   sarah32

sarah32

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:30 PM

well i have actually managed to do a bit of meditating :woo: i actually put ear plugs in lol, but it helped :):)

i didnt get much but the more i did the more i started to see in my vision. I dont mean psychic or anything like that. Just calm and peaceful places like in a park by a lake,just me looking out and there were tiny ripples on the water and then little rain drops making tiny splashes.

not bad eh for a first attempt!

#40 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,251 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

thats and idea, putting ear plugs in, ive never thought of doing that i may try it!!

to me tiny ripples of water suggests relatively calm waters but with the tiny ripples every now and again, so you sound quite peaceful at the moment. little raindrops, i cant work this part out, Joe will probably know more about this sort of thing in meditation.

:woo: :angelhug: well done though, im glad you managed to get there, you did very well Sarah. :kiss:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 12 user(s)