#1 OFFLINE   normy

normy

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 457 posts
  • I am:Male
  • LocationWiltshire

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

I experienced my first apparently paranormal phenomenon at home this week.

My wife Jo had noticed a water puddle on the kitchen floor in a corner . There are no water pipes in that area, or anything which might have caused it, and was localised more than a foot square, as though it had come up through the stone tiles. She wiped it up and dried the area, then put down sheets of kitchen roll. After about an hour, we checked, and the paper was soggy wet through with more water. Where had the water come from? It was clean and had no odour. I was concerned that we might have to get a builder out in case water was leaking in somehow, from underground, through the concrete tiled floor. We thought a good cupfull must have appeared.
I cleaned up again, dried the floor, and put down more paper. This remained dry until bedtime, and is still dry today. We are unable to think of a normal explanation.
A coincidence followed. I flicked the TV channels this afternoon and thought I'd watch a CBS programme about Rescue Mediums. A couple described some paranormal experiences in their house, including water appearing on a floor overnight with no known cause.

Colin Wilson, a researcher and writer whse work I like, said that there seems to be a relationship between poltergeist and water, especially unexplained water. Example, after poltergeist activity in the Winchester Mansion there would be droplets of water on the floor ranging in size from a dime to a quarter. These unexplained water droplets were in rooms with no windows. Another connection to note is poltergeist activity seems to happen a lot in areas where water is available like kitchens, bathrooms and even underground streams.

Ruling out normal explanations, some say it could be mischievous spirits, others say psychological causes, others it's meant to tell you something. Any ideas ?

#2 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,251 posts
  • I am:Female
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Ooh at last normy!!! About time it happened for you ;) :agree:

Although i cant really add to the reason behind it or anymore than you have said really, i can say that its something ive experienced before myself and also knew someone that also experienced strange puddles of water on the floor with no other explaination for it, i too discovered poltergeist activity, well people saying thats what it is, ive heard it many times before. I have to say though you know why i think you are now getting this now and never have before, i feel its because you're less active at the moment than you used to be, sitting still more? Because of your op and that, i believe that you have slowed down and maybe letting spirit come through to you more? Its just a feeling i get, not sure if thats how it is.
NEW offering Handcrafted Gifts, cards, jewellery and other gifts all handmade by me Stone Rainbow , you can visit one of my sites here www.facebook.com/stonerainbowcreations or check out my eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/stone_rainbow/m.html?item=112594491814&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please also contact me for details if you are interested.

#3 OFFLINE   normy

normy

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 457 posts
  • LocationWiltshire

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Thanks spiritlove, nice to know I've joined the elite! :ggle: You might be right.Leading up to the op I had a nasty nauseous feeling much of the time, and didn't feel like doing anything, but just after the op I suddenly felt like my old self again, then the puddles appeared.

#4 OFFLINE   faeriesrfree

faeriesrfree

Trusted

• VIP
  • 289 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

That is similar to something we would experience in our last home. On two occasions we found puddles outside of our bathroom door. Both times no one had been bathing and we couldn't find an explanation for it. Paranormal had never even crossed my mind. Interesting!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   faeguy

faeguy

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

I must admit, I don't get many physical signs of things going on without otherworldly beings actually showing themselves (see my post on angels in another thread). As to those who can't or haven't moved on, again, usually no particularly strong physical signs. Perhaps because I tend to see and feel what's beyond the physical, maybe I just don't notice things like puddles, pebbles, feathers, etc. But I have had some physical things happen that made me realise that the universe isn't as cut and died as most say it is.

One involving water was on a dry and sunny day when I was driving home from work late in the afternoon. It'd been dry for some days, and there was no sign of rain, yet as I drove along a country lane a few drops of water splashed heavily on the windscreen right in front of my face. The interesting thing was that the cool water hit my forehead, and when I wiped it off my hand was wet. Dry car, no rain, and the windows were closed too. (Cue Twilight Zone music).

I've had other 'impossible' things happen with water, particularly in my childhood, but I don't attach any particular significance to such events other than to think that matter is strange stuff. I'd love to hear others' theories and opinions though.

#6 Guest_glitterbug_*

Guest_glitterbug_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

i posted this in the shout box earlier then remembered seeing a thread about the subject so posting here also.

I had something odd happen yesterday. I currenty have my stool for my dressing table right next to my bed with my new Lo Scarabeo Dream Fairies cards http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dream-Fairies-Oracle-Cards-colour/dp/8865271108/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346600145&sr=8-2 on it, (u place 1 of the 12 cards in the frame at the front and they r said to visit u in ur dreams). I was out of the room making dinner and when i came back in there was a distinct fresh trail of water across my stool right by my fairy card box and when i lifted the box to wipe it there was even a huge droplet of water that hadnt soaked in to the fabric on the stool. there is no explanation from where this water came from. no drinks spilled, no leaks from ceiling, im still totally miffed. any thoughts on this are welcomed!

G x :heart:

Read more:

#7 OFFLINE   Stormfaerie

Stormfaerie

Still Awake

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

Perhaps the water is symbolic. I once before have felt a water drop falling although there's been presumably something or someone there. Water represents emotions so could be connected with that just manifested into physical energy? Just a thought :D

PS glitterbug, I replied to your post in the shout box and the other thread that needed replying too, in case you hadn't noticed. Blessings xxx

#8 OFFLINE   DreamsInSpace

DreamsInSpace

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

Strange as I read this, the shower for no reason started to drip droplets of water.. could hear it pattering against the bath, only for a few seconds and then stopped...coincidence or not ? ;) maybe coincidence.. haha

#9 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,251 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Lol Dreams!! That sort of thing happens to me too!

Just bumping up as i find this an interesting thread....
NEW offering Handcrafted Gifts, cards, jewellery and other gifts all handmade by me Stone Rainbow , you can visit one of my sites here www.facebook.com/stonerainbowcreations or check out my eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/stone_rainbow/m.html?item=112594491814&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please also contact me for details if you are interested.

#10 OFFLINE   normy

normy

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 457 posts
  • LocationWiltshire

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Recently my wife and I travelled about a hundred miles to attend my sister's birthday party. Before we left, we could not find the camera, which we needed of course. We searched for about two hours.  When we got back, we found it zipped up in a larger  case which  normally holds our camcorder.  OK,, one of us might have dementia and did this absentmindedly! However, the same day, a cupboard door fell off it's hinges. It had been held on with one screw, instead of the six  for  the two hinges. There was no sign of the screws, and I got fresh screws which tightened up perfectly well. OK, a carpenter had fitted a new door handle some time back and he'd had the door off, but he's a good tradesman, strange!

Then we had a call that my nephew who went to the party and stayed overnight had lost his car keys at the house, and they're still lost. All possibly normal explanations, but strange all coming together. 

#11 OFFLINE   Turquoise

Turquoise

• Fledgling
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hi Normy,

I signed up to Spirit Charms after reading your post when searching the internet for some answers for unexplained puddles.

I have been experiencing something very similar in the house which I am currently renting with my partner. It's an 1800's 1 bedroom terrace, and odd things have happened from the first week that we moved in. Objects get moved, not often at all, but when it happens it is done in a very obvious way (and manages to make me feel like I am going mental every time). Some examples; something that my partner and I are looking for will go missing, and then appears right in the pathway of where we have just walked so clearly couldn't have been there before. Or an object from a tin that I had just put the lid on top of appears on top of the tin, sitting on the lid. Things like this happen in exactly the same spot/ area in the bedroom, there is also a small chest of drawers in this spot which objects manage to fall off without reason.

... And the puddles. They have occurred in the downstairs room of our house virtually since we moved in, though we had always just mopped up the water without thought and just assumed we had spilled something without realising or something had leaked... Our house doesn't leak and there is never anything that could have been spilled. I have checked every single time one of these puddles appears, I check all over the ceiling for damp spots, cracks etc. and it's not possible. They don't form near any windows either. Originally I hadn't really thought about the puddles and just connected in my mind that it was an old house so they made sense, but they really don't make sense at all and I have only recently began to think of them as something very odd.

If anyone has any explanations for this I would love to hear your thoughts.

#12 OFFLINE   smuggy

smuggy

• Fledgling
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:24 AM

Sorry to bump this, but this problem has been haunting me for the past year.

The first time it happened, my sister was awake, watching TV. We had just gotten in an argument, she did not like my girlfriend. But we'd made up.

She felt water running down her thigh and a puddle was on her bed. Her blanket  had been over her, there was no leak, the blanket was dry. The water cool to the touch and the puddle about 5 inches in diameter.

Second time it happened was at a restaurant, she felt water on her neck.

The third time it happened to me. I was at work and felt something wet on my right thigh. I jumped up and saw it form. There was no water near me. I found out my mom had cancer that day.

The fourth time it happened while I was sitting with my mom while she got chemo, it was on the back of my thigh and enough to soak through the hospital bed. My mom started praying and gave up fortune telling that minute.

The 5th time it happened to a friend at work. She had a huge wet spot appear on her shirt, under her work coat. everything else was dry. We even asked if she lactated, she said no. I did not tell ANYONE about my past experiences. My friend went home to change.

The 6th time it happened while I was retelling my friends this at a restaurant. i was very upset at my rather recent breakup with said girlfriend.

Now, my friend Daniel who told me I must be missing an obvious source all this time had it happen to him. He was sleeping and water from his comforter spilled on his face. The other night he was teasing me for being obsessed with my ex still (I am not!)

I ...didn't know poltergeists can travel...is it a demon? is there a certain reason it affects the people it affects? My then-girlfriend used to ask why did it never affect her...I didn't know the answer to this...

Would love any hypotheses, ANY! be creative as you want. I am desperate.

#13 OFFLINE   normy

normy

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 457 posts
  • LocationWiltshire

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

Nobody knows the mechanisms behind poltergeist phenomena, but it's history shows that:   it is not physically harmful to us:  it is caused by mischievous spirits, not demons: spirit people can travel anywhere in our physical world as they wish: and it is often associated with girls during puberty, or those who have psychic energy which can be used. 

My speculation is that water is the easiest molecule for the spirit world to manifest as it is everywhere and in your body and only H2O.  I believe  often appear just to show you they are there, and they use your energy as a source. They are just the same in Spirit as they were on this side of life, so it could be all sorts of characters. I believe you should protect yourself in the usual way through your guides etc , and don't be afraid, this creates more energy they can use. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 38 user(s)