8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Esoterian

Esoterian

Trusted

• 50 posts
  • I am:Male
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

I wondered what quotes or similar pieces of poetry, literature, maybe even art different people have to keep them motivated, grounded possibly, or just generally reflect themselves and their aims, goals or place in life. I've a quote pinned up on my cork-board in my study that reads as follows:

It must be borne in mind that the tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal.
The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.
It is not a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled.
But it is a calamity not to dream.
It is not a disaster to be unable to capture your ideal,
But it is a disaster to have no ideal to capture.

It is not a disgrace not to reach the stars.
But it is a disgrace not to have stars to reach for.
Not failure, but low aim is a sin.

Dr Benjamin Elijah Mays

I find it helps to keep me going when I'm feeling a bit lazy or low, and usually gets me back on track with things. I just love the dream concept of that one.

To the left of it I've another quote, by the American author Kurt Vonnegut:

I tell you, we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.

That one I love equally, as it reminds me not to take myself too seriously. :cool:

I'd love to hear what others might use, or have pinned up nearby as food for thought, possibly to serve as a little nudge for them, or for a little chuckle, from time to time.

#2 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,246 posts
  • I am:Female
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

:rofl: i love the farting around one, not heard that before!! :)

The other one is great also, good words and i agree we all need that little reminder sometimes when life is getting you down a bit, the power of words are amazing! Especially if they are there for you to see everyday.

It is my intention to find a few myself and decorate them nicely and pin up so i can see them but i just havent got round to it yet, we have so much to do but i think i shall find something now youve reminded me. There is a quote ive always loved but i say it in my head, i used to have it written down somewhere and thats.

We arent human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience! I find that one helps :)

I do have a little mirror i was drawn to when we moved into our new house last year and its on the mantlepiece 'Live,Laugh,Love' its a tiny little thing , lovely shape with a white ribbon on it...... I was hoping to find a largish mirror also with the words on as i would have like that on the fireplace wall.

#3 OFFLINE   Esoterian

Esoterian

Trusted

• 50 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

We arent human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience! I find that one helps :)

'Live,Laugh,Love' its a tiny little thing , lovely shape with a white ribbon on it......

I've come across the spiritual experience quote several times before and I really like it - so spot on I've found. And again turns an idea on its head and makes you think about things from an entirely different angle (not forgetting with quite a humorous twist to it also).

I love how concise an idea the live, laugh, love is. That one should be up in bus shelters, train stations, offices, well just about everywhere up and down the nation (or make that the world!) I think.

#4 OFFLINE   kally

kally

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 4,746 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Attached File  image.jpeg   33.22KB   3 downloads

“Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.” Albert Einstein

#5 OFFLINE   amyzen

amyzen

Banned

• Banned
  • 680 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

quotes-marianne-williamson-2-600x411.jpg

#6 OFFLINE   Timbo

Timbo

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 329 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:46 AM

Live life like you were born today, with all the tomorrow's to look forward to.

#7 OFFLINE   kally

kally

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 4,746 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

Attached File  image (1).jpeg   21.76KB   1 downloads

“Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.” Albert Einstein

#8 OFFLINE   kally

kally

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 4,746 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:27 AM

Reexamine all you have been told,
Dismiss what insults your soul.”

Walt Witman

#9 OFFLINE   Blueanchor

Blueanchor

• Fledgling
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:12 PM

They tried to bury us. They didn't realise we were seeds.

I love this one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inspiration, motivation, spirituality, life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 12 user(s)