• Advisor
  • 11,256 posts
  • I am:Female
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:08 PM

Just wondering what peoples views were on the following article

Faith healing 'risks recovery'

A traditional faith holder
Faith healing could jeopardise recovery from illness, research by the University of Ulster suggests

A belief in faith healing could jeopardise recover from illness, according to a new study by a University of Ulster researcher.

Dr Tony Cassidy said he believes that some people who put their trust in faith healing may be less likely to adhere to medical advice.

He will be presenting his research at a British Psychological Society conference in Birmingham.

The Coleraine-based academic's research team questioned 766 people on their belief in and intention to use faith healing.

They were also surveyed about their intention to adhere to medical advice.

"We found that belief and intention to use faith healing was a significant predictor of self-reported non-adherence to a medication," Dr Cassidy said.

"Participants who believed strongly in faith healing were also more likely to say they were less satisfied with their GP.

"Given that only about one-in-three people follow medical advice totally and about one in four put their lives at risk through non-adherence, it's important that health care professionals understand their patients' beliefs about alternative remedies, such as faith healing."

But one Belfast GP, Dr Paul Corry, believes that sometimes the opposite is the case.

"Often patients that do have a faith in God or have had a Christian healing prayer for them, show a better outcome because they are more positive," Dr Corry explained.

"They have hope where maybe they didn't have it before."
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SpiritfreedomsHaven?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

NEW offering Handcrafted Gifts, cards, jewellery and other gifts all handmade by me Stone Rainbow , you can visit one of my sites here www.facebook.com/stonerainbowcreations or check out my eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/stone_rainbow/m.html?item=112594491814&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562Please also contact me for details if you are interested.

#2 OFFLINE   Tiffany

Tiffany

Reader

• Star Poster
  • 849 posts
  • I am:Not sure

Posted 13 September 2009 - 10:24 PM

i agreed I do believe that having faith can help the healing process and yes maybe produce some mircle healings but not all the time. I complete believe one part of the bible that say "god only helps those who help themselves" and I don't think that includes those that refuse treatment on the sole factor that god will do it for them.

#3 OFFLINE   InTheMoment

InTheMoment

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,657 posts
  • I am:Male
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:41 AM

That is why God created the gift of medicine in a lot of people. Doctors and nurses and anything medical comes from God. They are there to help our physical healing. Healers and others are put here to help us with your spiritual healing.

I think there needs to be a balance in everything.

A little bit of meditation goes a long way !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 2 user(s)