Photo
- - - - -

Why Does God Seem So Nasty In The Bible?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   InTheMoment

InTheMoment

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,657 posts
  • I am:Male
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

Good one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little bit of meditation goes a long way !!!

#22 OFFLINE   InTheMoment

InTheMoment

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

Captain, I would like to here more about the Sumarians and the story of creation??

#23 OFFLINE   zyx

zyx

Im now a star poster

• Star Poster
  • 965 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

Will be on that request tonight Joe.....if it was I you were referring to

#24 OFFLINE   Echoes

Echoes

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 4,094 posts
  • I am:Female
  • Locationuk

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

Well me and Captain Sunny have more important things to discuss for example xmas gifts. :kiss:

#25 OFFLINE   Echoes

Echoes

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 4,094 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

No not for you Mayflow. :ggle:

#26 OFFLINE   Echoes

Echoes

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 4,094 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:48 PM

Well Mayflow,clicked on the link to be shown more or less a blank page,so I guess you're not asking for much this christmas

FYI us woman deserve to be worshiped. :danced:

#27 OFFLINE   Echoes

Echoes

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 4,094 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

I did not know this of CaptainKirk,interesting.

As for a Ferrari you men do like your fancy toys. :kiss:

#28 OFFLINE   Echoes

Echoes

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 4,094 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

Are we talking cars or women here Mayflow? :ggle:

#29 OFFLINE   Echoes

Echoes

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 4,094 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

Just wondered, us women are often accused of being high maintenance :ggle:

#30 OFFLINE   zyx

zyx

Im now a star poster

• Star Poster
  • 965 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:08 AM

a long time ago a visitor visited our solar system and changed the dynamics of the solar sytem forever....and human beings....

A collision of massive proportions.....one planet took a hit and another was destroyed by half.

In our solar sytem there is evidence of this collision...its called the Asteroid Belt.....the fragments of these collisions live there

The planet that used to reside there was called Tiamat......a Goddess....

Tiamat, reduced by half, was bounced around and settled in the third position nearest our sun......which we now know as Earth

Mars become oblonged in shape due to the collison..and its atmosphere was stripped...ending all life there. On Mars one can see images that look very much unnatural...or not. There are some who in fact believe humans are not of Earth...but instead from Mars....Survivors who left...after the death of their planet

More info here on this theory:

http://www.bibliotec..._annunaki22.htm

The Epic of Creation which details this event and how the new "creation" began is at this link...the tablets can be found at the bottom of the page. Those tablets depict solar bodies as Goddesses and Gods......to which they really are

http://www.bibliotec..._annunaki01.htm

or this site which depicts the solar bodies and the "Epic" as solar bodies and a catastrophic collision. The story and the survivors fate can all be read and watched at this site, The Epic of Creation...was handed down to the Sumerians...and many civilizations used these tablets as the template for their religions. From Adumu and Eve...to the ten commandments.

http://truthisscary....merian-tablets/

Also some hsitory on the sumerians and the visitors who from heaven fell:

The Creation of Humans

This poem begins with a description of how the gods had to work for their bread by digging out irrigation canals:

•  The gods were dredging the rivers,
       were piling up their silt
       on projecting bends--
     and the gods lugging the clay
       began complaining  (Jacobsen, Harps 154)
Nammu, who is either the sea or the goddess of the riverbed, goes to her son Enki, who is asleep in the deep (the Apsu) and entreats him to rise from his bed and "fashion servants of the gods" (Kramer, History Begins 109).  Enki, who after all is the god of wisdom, thinks of the germinating powers of the clay and water of the abyss, and he tells Nammu to have some womb-goddesses pinch off this clay and have some "princely fashioners" thicken it, so she can mold it or give birth to it:
  •  Mix the heart of the clay that is over the abyss,
     The good and princely fashioners will thicken the clay,
     You, [Nammu] do you bring the limbs into existence;
     Ninmah [earth-mother or birth goddess] will work above you,
     The goddesses [of birth] .  . . will stand by you at your fashioning;
     O my mother, decree its [the newborn's] fate,
     Ninmah will bind upon it the image (?) of the gods,
     It is man . . . .    (Kramer, History Begins 109)
Jacobsen translates these apparently difficult to decipher lines somewhat differently, seeing a "birth chair" where Kramer sees the "image" of the gods.  Jacobsen's translation also stresses that the fashioning of the newborn imitates in some way the growth of a fetus in the womb.  Jacobsen translates the moment of birth like this (words and letters in brackets represent gaps in the original text):
  •  [Without] the sperm
       of a ma[le]
       she gave [birth]
       to offspri[ng.,]
       to the [em]bryo
       of mankind.   (Harps 157)

Thus man was created to relieve the gods of their work.  The gods then decide to have a feast to celebrate their new creation, and Enki and Ninmah begin to drink beer and start "to feel good inside."  Ninmah boasts that she, as the goddess of birth and gestation, is the one who determines whether "the build of men" (Harps 158) turns out well or misshapen.  Enki responds that he, the clever god, can find places in society for even the most handicapped people.  Ninmah molds from the clay a man with shaking hands, but Enki places him as an attendant of the king.  Ninmah next makes a blind man, but Enki makes him a singer of tales.  Ninmah makes a person named "Hobbled-by-twisting-ankles," but Enki finds work for him with the metal workers (c.f. Hephaistos).  Ninmah continues to make handicapped people:  "a person unable to control his urine, a barren woman, a being with neither male nor female organs, and so forth, but in each case Enki was able to find a place in society for the [creature] and to ensure it a living" (Jacobsen, Treasures 114).  The woman who could not give birth, for example, was found a place overseeing the weavers in "the queen's household" (Harps 161), while the sexless being was to "stand before the king" (Kramer, History Begins 109-110)

http://faculty.gvsu....umerianMyth.htm

There are many who discount this theory as hogwash....even Nasa has stated so....until recently. New information out regarding Mars and its former atmoshere and life can be found in this story

Mars: ‘Catastrophic’ Collision Killed Life on Red Planet

A major ‘catastrophic’ collision may have killed life on Mars (the Red Planet) four billion years ago, scientists say. According to them, this event resulted in the death of an entire alien race. The scientists were constructing their findings on data returned by the Curiosity rover.

NASA scientists believe that the massive collision perhaps caused by volcanic eruptions or a devastating crash with a Pluto-sized planet, caused the air to shrink and strip away and kill any forms life on the planet.

http://guardianlv.co...-on-red-planet/

so much to read there and sorry for being rushed...it is a rather large discussion

Just like that

#31 OFFLINE   Tony

Tony

Trusted

• 79 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire UK

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

I don't believe god holds any anger, (He, Her, It) only holds love. The problem is that the fear of God has been a tool to keep the people in line for thousands of years by the power grabbing ruling classes. I see God as an energy of good, made up of a multitude of energies.

Well that's my take on it, but know doubt I've a lot to learn.

#32 OFFLINE   InTheMoment

InTheMoment

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Very interesting reading... so many great ideas. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

#33 OFFLINE   darkestra

darkestra

Trusted

• 86 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

religion is like a supermarket you take out of it what you choose i ve never been able to understand the concept of a god that is all powerful yet has to punish and continually test his worshipers-why?if hes all powerful he knows the outcome so why get so angry and the argument freewill cant apply because he knows the outcome so why get so angry thats a very human trait why curse all women for one woman i ve never been able to understand the concept of a merciful god that commits genocide on a whim it just for me does not work either you are forgiving and loving or your not

#34 OFFLINE   Timbo

Timbo

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 329 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

The Bible is in fact a book that is like a scrap book of people's writings that were written over many many years and cobbled together   ( my Yeoman talk coming out lol ), but I'm guessing when I say this of course at the time of writing it may well have suffered by circumstances at the time of writing for the individuals writing it to put there own slant on it's meaning.

During the middle ages such tactics were used to make you attend church for fear of being damned and an afterlife of purgatory.

This has been an on going strand of thought through history itself, even in today's supposed more 'cultured' environment.

In every walk of life right now what ever is spoken or written can be radicalized by the person interpreting it.

It all depends on what you class as God, or Mohammad or Buddha etc or indeed what they stand for.

I let life shape my own path and learn from that in a non aggressive completely open way with no rules as to what I should or should not believe. Life and what you get from it l firmly believe is what you make of it.

#35 OFFLINE   hbunny

hbunny

Trusted

• 45 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

Because people wrote the bible. God is not nasty or vengeful, we the humans are and because our minds can’t comprehend the infinity of God we reduce him to human traits.

#36 OFFLINE   InTheMoment

InTheMoment

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

Hbunny I agree with your statement...

Thinking and attempting to achieve to live in the moment is the best way to find peace of mind!

#37 OFFLINE   FruitTwist

FruitTwist

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 217 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:16 PM

Monotheism is all in all rather aggressive. It's not just the Christians. If we look at today's affairs Islam is one in the same. I think when people stop believing they are superior to others because they choose to live their lives by what a piece of fiction tells them, the world will be a much better place. This my imaginary friend in the sky is more real than yours is silly...
I find this meme of relevance

Attached Files

#38 OFFLINE   Arbel

Arbel

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 442 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:04 AM

God does not interfere with the free will of mankind or in our lives; religion was created to keep the masses in check with damnation and hell.  The Jewish torah has ended up as a computer code which is interesting but who wrote the codes is anyone’s guess.

Many religions each with different beliefs but what is right and what is wrong because every thing has been changed over the centuries so in fact all those who believe their religion the truth is not correct.

It does not matter if people do not believe what is going to happen because we are going to go back to the beginning of creation right up to this present time period but that is my job along with one other person when it is time to do so

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 31 user(s)