#1 OFFLINE   bubblebath

bubblebath

Im now a star poster

• Star Poster
  • 555 posts
  • I am:Female
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

I tried a guided meditation last night.  It was about 10pm before I was able to get any peace, so it was quite late to be trying it, and I was sleepy from the previous night's lack of sleep, so I should have known it wouldn't go great, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway.

I wanted  to follow a written guided meditation that I am trying to use at the moment, but I couldn't remember the next bits, so had to keep rereading it.  That was no good, so I searched for guided meditations online and found a suitable sound file.

The first mistake I probably made was to get into bed to do it, all snug and warm under the duvet. Started the meditation and relaxed into it straight away which was great.  The lady's voice was very soothing, it was lovely to listen to.  I remember getting as far as the initial deep breathing technique to get you relaxed.  I could feel myself sinking into the mattress, and then I got the sensation of my body becoming really light, and I felt almost like I could be about to float up off the mattress, it felt so good.

Then...... it was 7am this morning and I was woken by the really bright light of my alarm and the sound of birds twittering!! Damn it!!  (have one of those sunrise alarms that go from nothing to bright light to mimic the sun coming up over 30 minutes, and I chose the birdcall sound, it is a great combo)

I had a pad and pencil by the bed and everything to make a note of what I had experienced, but nothing to write :-(

So I consider this one a fail... but I have never ever dropped off to sleep that quickly before and I slept right through so in that way I am very pleased.

I think the lesson here is not to get into bed under the duvet, and maybe not that late at night if I am tired anyway.

bb xx

#2 OFFLINE   Sunny

Sunny

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 2,407 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

Not a fail honey... You obviously relaxed so much you went visiting whilst asleep... But you still went into meditation... That shows you are capable of meditating.. And relaxing enough to do so.. Maybe just do it during the day if you can so you don't fall straight to sleep.. :-) xxx
The best and most beautiful things in the world... cannot be seen or even touched ...they must be felt with the heart...

#3 OFFLINE   bubblebath

bubblebath

Im now a star poster

• Star Poster
  • 555 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

I haven't slept properly since this night :(  I might just use this to go to sleep every night!!! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: meditation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 9 user(s)