15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   The Prophet

The Prophet

Trusted

• 53 posts
  • I am:Male
  • LocationLancs

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:09 PM

The only notable personal experience that I have had of physical healing is when I went to a church and a man asked if anyone had any back problems. Me and several others put our hands up. so well all went into a different room with this man who told us that very often back problems are caused by one leg being shorter than the other. So he asked us to put our legs together and sure enough all of us had one leg shorter than the other. So then he placed his hands on the foot of the shorter leg and prayed for it to get longer. Whenever he did this the leg grew!! I felt a sudden growth in my shorter leg and saw a significant and very visible growth in another girls leg.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and being certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1 The Bible

#2 OFFLINE   Wingman

Wingman

need some sunshine

• Advisor
  • 4,812 posts
  • LocationLeyland UK

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:10 PM

Sounds like there's hope for me yet then, do you have his phone number cause i need to grow abit, but i warn you he'll have his work cut out because i need about 3 inches on my legs. lol :D

is this the same as faith healing

Every day in every moment,
you make the choice...
whether to love and harness the positive force.
or not.

Get your own DropBox ...... free and easy online photo editor..   My Youtube Channel

#3 OFFLINE   The Prophet

The Prophet

Trusted

• 53 posts
  • LocationLancs

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

yeah!! Whereas (as i understand it) reiki healing is healing by an energy force that is channeled, this is believed to be a direct healing from God. The guy, a man named Terry Virgo, didnt want any credit for himself. He was just glad to see people healed.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and being certain of what we do not see" Hebrews 11:1 The Bible

#4 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,256 posts
  • I am:Female
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:13 PM

Terry Virgo, I've heard of him before. I thought he was an astrologist. I know he has that kind of name. But i thought he was something like that not a faith healer. Big Grin

I guess you learn something new everyday!

That must have been an odd experience actually feeling your leg get longer. For some reason your story reminds me of a similiar thing called psychic surgery where they perform surgery on you without the use of drugs or general anesthetic and they don't feel it, it's all done through some kind of faith healing. Not sure whether it's true or not or just acting, but remember seeing a programme on the tele about it. Think it was somewhere like Brazil or something where people who were desperate and had given up on everything else, medical intervention, went out to Brazil as a last resort and were healed through psychic surgery and faith healing. I found it an amazing programme.
Although i watched in fascination at the time, it left me thinking it can't be real. I read somewhere after that that its made up and i saw another programme on somebody proving it wrong. It left me very skeptical to be honest. But again, who knows unless you actually experience it yourself. The woman and man that went out to Brazil made me think that it was real, either that or very good acting. I think one of them was dying of cancer, and was in a very bad way, to me if that was acting, i think it was a very cruel thing to show. I really can't make my mind up on that.

What do others think about this subject? do you believe that surgery can be performed on you without the use of anesthetic?

P.S. I love your avatar picture btw, it's lovely and bright.:D
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SpiritfreedomsHaven?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

NEW offering Handcrafted Gifts, cards, jewellery and other gifts all handmade by me Stone Rainbow , you can visit one of my sites here www.facebook.com/stonerainbowcreations or check out my eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/stone_rainbow/m.html?item=112594491814&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562Please also contact me for details if you are interested.

#5 OFFLINE   Wingman

Wingman

need some sunshine

• Advisor
  • 4,812 posts
  • LocationLeyland UK

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

I tend not to believe in this psychic surgery, i saw a programme about it once where they were doing this kind of surgery on people, and when they were exposed, it showed the trickery involved. old bits of meat cut into strips and (cough) lets just say small latex bag type things which held the blood that when burst looked as if it had come from the person they were doing the surgery on, and of course the old bits of meat were for the deseased part of the flesh they were supposed to have pulled out of the body. just one big magic trick really.

Every day in every moment,
you make the choice...
whether to love and harness the positive force.
or not.

Get your own DropBox ...... free and easy online photo editor..   My Youtube Channel

#6 OFFLINE   InTheMoment

InTheMoment

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:49 AM

Terry Virgo, I've heard of him before. I thought he was an astrologist. I know he has that kind of name. But i thought he was something like that not a faith healer. Big Grin

I guess you learn something new everyday!

That must have been an odd experience actually feeling your leg get longer. For some reason your story reminds me of a similiar thing called psychic surgery where they perform surgery on you without the use of drugs or general anesthetic and they don't feel it, it's all done through some kind of faith healing. Not sure whether it's true or not or just acting, but remember seeing a programme on the tele about it. Think it was somewhere like Brazil or something where people who were desperate and had given up on everything else, medical intervention, went out to Brazil as a last resort and were healed through psychic surgery and faith healing. I found it an amazing programme.
Although i watched in fascination at the time, it left me thinking it can't be real. I read somewhere after that that its made up and i saw another programme on somebody proving it wrong. It left me very skeptical to be honest. But again, who knows unless you actually experience it yourself. The woman and man that went out to Brazil made me think that it was real, either that or very good acting. I think one of them was dying of cancer, and was in a very bad way, to me if that was acting, i think it was a very cruel thing to show. I really can't make my mind up on that.

What do others think about this subject? do you believe that surgery can be performed on you without the use of anesthetic?

P.S. I love your avatar picture btw, it's lovely and bright.:D

The thought of psychic healing or surgery is very interesting. The thing is they have proved that it was fraud that it was fake. It was not real.

Now on the other hand positive energy and prayer, or what some would call the placebo effect. There may have been lots of people that did go and experience this so called surgery. The thing people need to realize is that even though it may have turned out to be fake. Many many people took a leap of faith to be healed and I would assume a lot of them were healed, it had nothing to do with the fake surgery but it had to do with the person themselves having faith and belief that they were going to get healed.

(Prophet, that sounds like an awesome experiencing it for yourself and seeing it with your own eyes in others. That is a testament to the great healing that is around us.)

Joe

A little bit of meditation goes a long way !!!

#7 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,256 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

Thanks Joe for your explaination :kiss: that makes alot of sense, and i agree that's how alot of these things tend to work. If you believe yourself and have strong faith in something, the power of the mind is strong enough to do this and in return cause a healing affect on yourself. If your mind and faith is strong enough it can do just about anything!

NEW offering Handcrafted Gifts, cards, jewellery and other gifts all handmade by me Stone Rainbow , you can visit one of my sites here www.facebook.com/stonerainbowcreations or check out my eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/stone_rainbow/m.html?item=112594491814&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562Please also contact me for details if you are interested.

#8 OFFLINE   Tiffany

Tiffany

Reader

• Star Poster
  • 849 posts
  • I am:Not sure

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

I wonder is he can do it for both legs. I'm only 5 feet tall. I need some growth!

#9 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,256 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

:lol: well i only have 3" on top of that as Im only 5ft 3, then there's wingman 5ft 4 so, (well i was going to say if we all get on top of each other :lol:) I'll rephrase that knowing your mind Tiff :omg::lol: if we all stand on each others shoulders,then we should be fine :rofl: and i bet we are still not The prophets towering height of 6ft 4 !!:omg:

were is The prophet anyway Guilly?

#10 OFFLINE   Guilly

Guilly

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 419 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:38 PM

:lol: well i only have 3" on top of that as Im only 5ft 3, then there's wingman 5ft 4 so, (well i was going to say if we all get on top of each other :lol:) I'll rephrase that knowing your mind Tiff :omg::lol: if we all stand on each others shoulders,then we should be fine :rofl: and i bet we are still not The prophets towering height of 6ft 4 !!:omg:

were is The prophet anyway Guilly?

Busy with work, church and planning a weekend break to Cardiff at the moment. Just for the record, he is only actually 6ft 2in in spite of the lengthened leg :rofl:

Incidentally, I am now only 5 ft . I used to be 5 ft 2 in but age has robbed me of stature :lol: Unfortunately I won't be able to join the human totem pole as I couldn't be at the bottom supporting you all because of my arthritic back and feet and for the same reason I couldn't climb up onto anyone's shoulders so I will have to continue to be vertically challenged! On the plus side, it gives me a great excuse to seek out a tall, good looking youg man in the supermarket when I need something from the top shelf and can't reach it for myself :rofl:

Just remember folks - lots of good things come in small packages!!:D
Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   Tiffany

Tiffany

Reader

• Star Poster
  • 849 posts
  • I am:Not sure

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:41 AM

:rofl::rofl: Claire you crack me up! :lol:

#12 OFFLINE   moonray

moonray

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 143 posts
  • Locationunited kingdom

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:43 AM

Incidentally, I am now only 5 ft . I used to be 5 ft 2 in but age has robbed me of stature :lol:

No hope for wingman then ;)

#13 OFFLINE   Guilly

Guilly

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 419 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:59 PM

Incidentally, I am now only 5 ft . I used to be 5 ft 2 in but age has robbed me of stature :lol:

No hope for wingman then ;)

Ooooohhhhh ... :smkbot: watch you don't get banned :-/
Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,256 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

:lol: i forgot all about this!! looks like Neptunes gone into hiding again! :omg:

#15 OFFLINE   The Prophet

The Prophet

Trusted

• 53 posts
  • LocationLancs

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:25 PM

Hi there

Just returned from Church camp in Staffordshire! It was amazing!! We had many miracles including the complete healing of a woman with a broken leg. The doctors said she wouldnt be able to walk without a crutch for another month, but during one meeting she was healed and didnt need a crutch anymore!

I LOVE these Pentecostal type festivals!!!

#16 OFFLINE   Spiritlove

Spiritlove

Spiritual Medium

• Advisor
  • 11,256 posts
  • LocationLancashire

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:53 PM

thats great,the power of prayer.its amazing how just thoughts alone heal people.:kiss:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 0 user(s)