Photo

Is It Possible We Can Cause Our Own Illnesses?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FruitTwist

FruitTwist

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 217 posts
  • I am:Female
  • Locationuk

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

Hi everyone

I have posted recently regarding my health issues and emotional difficulties getting through it all. I am still experiencing symptoms but the doctors cannot find the source of this putting it down to hormones. So it set me off thinking 'is it possible I am causing this symptom myself?'

I was reading an article on self healing the other day, it was written by a doctor who wrote about several case examples of people suffering physical symptoms where they suffered emotional problems i.e. a gentleman who suffered health problems in his throat but also had difficulty speaking up and expressing himself vocally. Another was about a lady who had recurrent yeast infections had difficulty with sexuality.

I know this could be to do with chakras or trapped energy?

I feel the problems I have been suffering recently could be due to the energy trapped around my womb due to the child abuse I suffered and a miscarriage I had several years back.

I found it interesting to think we hold emotional baggage in certain parts our body like that.

I was wondering if anyone else here has had similar experiences and what your thoughts are on this topic?

If it is possible for us to cause these ailments in ourselves it must be possible to heal ourselves? Does anyone have any tips on how to unblock the trapped negativity? x

#2 OFFLINE   Thunderbird

Thunderbird

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 3,211 posts
  • I am:Male
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

Hi fruittwist I have read a book on positive thinking with defined examples of people helping to cure themselves through consistent positive healing thoughts to themselves, sometimes when standard medical remedies have not worked. I do think negative thoughts can bring us down, I know myself as suffer from bouts of depression and in those times I feel low in energy and brightness of spirit. I know it's hard especially with an issue that has been going on for some time to keep positive but I do think it can help. If your mind keeps dwelling and focussing on the problems I think it's possible to get stuck in a loop. Easy enough to say I know to try and keep up bright and positive all the time. Whether we can bring about illnesses to our selves that is not something that is easy to answer for me. I hope all will be well for you soon.

#3 OFFLINE   spreadthelight

spreadthelight

Im now a star poster

• Star Poster
  • 681 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

Hello there,

I'm really pleased that you've made this mind/body link as I was going to make it the other day when attempting to answer your post. I didn't in the end due to the sensitive nature of your situation and how vulnerable you appeared to be at the time. I've been doing this work for over ten years and in my experience, there's always an unresolved emotional issue(s) behind any illness or disease.

As for tips on clearing it - there are many energy healing therapies such as Reiki, EFT, crystal therapy and the list goes on. If it was me, I'd start with loving my body and spirit for showing me this illness in my body and a chance to self discove/heal/transform. I would then use EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) to aim and clear the issue. Go on youtube and do a search for EFT tutorials and taylor it to your own healing needs. That's just my two cents worth. I'm happy to answer more questions, if you have them. Good for you on making this connection. It's so liberating and empowering as well. A healing process and life change awaits you. Good for you! x

Edit. You might want to consider a practitioner to help you clear the pain of the child abuse.

http://www.danny-greene.com/

#4 OFFLINE   FruitTwist

FruitTwist

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 217 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:42 PM

I'm glad to see others have noticed this link to as as you say once making the connection it helps to understand what is happening more clearly.

I will definetly look in to the therapies you have suggested as I feel this could really help. Thank you for your post x

#5 OFFLINE   Saggi

Saggi

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 368 posts
  • LocationAway with the Faeries

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Hi FruitTwist

I get the feeling that the article matched your own thoughts and opinions, which is likely why you felt you weren't getting the answers you needed from the GP and A&E, your post is really bright and full of energy

Sometimes, we walk a path in order to tap into the old and natural ways because life gets in the way of walking it another way.

All the best

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

#6 OFFLINE   Echoes

Echoes

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 4,102 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

Since reading up and working on my chakras, I believe that a lot of health issues can be put down to blocked chakras, but also you have to think of how much addatives in food and drink could possibly effect our health, even tap water has chemicals put in which are not found in natural food. :kiss:

#7 OFFLINE   Sunny

Sunny

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 2,407 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:42 AM

Very possible.. There is a book by Louise Hayes.. You can heal your life...

I read it once.. I had gall stones at the time.. Things were bad at home.. And the prognosis Louise gave ... Gall stones are caused through bitterness.. And I have to say I was very bitter at the time..

So yes it is possible.. Your emotions make the illness.. And to heal you need to release the emotions.. To heal the emotions means looking at them with help ofcourse.. EFT is a good way to do that.. Or counselling or both..

Xxx
The best and most beautiful things in the world... cannot be seen or even touched ...they must be felt with the heart...

#8 OFFLINE   stormysunshine

stormysunshine

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 115 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

Ive started reading "You can heal your life" and do think there is definitely something in it. Xx

#9 OFFLINE   Wingman

Wingman

need some sunshine

• Advisor
  • 4,812 posts
  • LocationLeyland UK

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:37 AM

well i dont think its a coincidence that when we are feeling down, depressed and what have you that we get more illnesses and when we are happy we seem to beat off the illnesses, so i reckon there is some truth in that

Every day in every moment,
you make the choice...
whether to love and harness the positive force.
or not.

Get your own DropBox ...... free and easy online photo editor..   My Youtube Channel

#10 OFFLINE   hbunny

hbunny

Trusted

• 45 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

I think there were conducted some scientific research that found a connection between our state of mind and the way our bodies heals. It seems that optimistic, happy people heal faster and are more likely to defeat a disease, than people pessimistic, depressed or unhappy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 17 user(s)