Photo

Where Is The Best Starting Point For Meditation?

meditation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LoneSoul

LoneSoul

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 262 posts
  • I am:Female
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

I've been wanting to try meditation for quite a while now. From the bits I've done when everyone has been asleep (this is the only quiet time I get), I've managed to sit on my bed and achieve a highly relaxed state, but I don't know how to progress from there.

What I have achieved so far has been enough for me to reach a stage where I can combine it with my nightly energy sending routine and nod off to sleep somewhere about daybreak time.

#2 OFFLINE   spreadthelight

spreadthelight

Im now a star poster

• Star Poster
  • 681 posts
  • I am:Male
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

Hi Sassy,

Any time you spend in the alpha state (or lower) of meditation will yield great benefits to your health and state of mind. You'll allow your body to heal, bring in insights or greater focus on solutions to your problems. I would suggest stating an intention before you meditatate, even if it's just simply to gain relaxation or clarity on an issue. Once in a relaxing and more healthy state of being you could bring in creative visualisations, such as a lake or sea side scene, for example. This is the more passive type of meditation practice and is worthwhile to bring you closer to your own unique spirit and any unresolved emotional issues. Your intuition will sharpen and as well as knowing yourself better, you'll come to have an even greater understanding of others too.

I've found over the years that my memory has greatly improved (for things that matter) and my vocabulary has increased by natural means. I'm often typing words that I either have not heard of before or don't know their meaning. I then look it up on google to fnd that it is indeed a word and used in the correct context. Strange huh?

There's way more of your mind available to you whilst you're meditating and for a good while after also. Your vibration, intuition, sensitivity and connection to all things will increase and strengthen over time. These aspects bring their own challenges but it's worth noting to start to take regular care of your energy body. In the same way you bathe each day etc. Cleanse your aura and energy fields to maintain your lightness of spirit and joy.

I now often use meditation for manifesting experiences into my life. This involves seeing myself being/doing/having something whilst making it sensory rich - see, hear, feel what it would be like, as if this scenario has already happened. Do this often and watch your life shift in magical ways. Your subconscious mind will throw up resistance in the form of negative thoughts, such as, 'who am I to succeed in this life?' or the many variants of self doubt. This in itself is a gift because it allows you to see what you no longer need that blocks you from achieving new goals. How to clear them is a different post but I'm sure you get the point.

I hope this helps in some way and enjoy your meditation practice. You'll find your own way and a style that best suits you. :-) x

http://www.danny-greene.com/

#3 OFFLINE   Thunderbird

Thunderbird

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:46 PM

Spreadthelight makes good points, I think by the sounds you are already feeling the benefit of meditation, a quiet time to yourself, I agree about grounding and having a theme to your quiet times, may be to ask for guidance in certain areas to help you progress spiritually. As bed time is the only time at the moment its a shame you cant use the single candle flame that I have used in the past but too dangerous sat up in bed. You can invite guides or your guardian angel to be with you in those periods. Its always good to be comfortable, whatever feels right at this time is right so carry on enjoying your time for yourself and look forward to hearing how you get on here.

#4 OFFLINE   SaraSeeker

SaraSeeker

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 1,115 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:52 AM

I agree with spreadthelight and thunderbird.  No matter how many times or different ways I tried to meditate I could never do it, could not clear my mind and would give up or just fall asleep.

*First I always ask that I be surrounded by protective white light.    I started this years ago with a visualization (after I got into bed)  of walking up a mountain path holding a silver cord as I walk, reaching the summit and entering bright white light, with flower's- at this point visualizing the color's of the flower's to open and  cleanse my chakra's feeling surrounded in a rainbow of those colors and seeing silver sparkling gentle waterfall, etc. prayer's for others,  giving thanks and asking for my guides and angels for guidance in my dreams.  Then I would let myself fall asleep.

This worked extremely well for me, when I was able to clear my mind using this method and focus on receiving and retaining messages shown in very vivid dreams.  The important thing is to jot them down immediately upon waking, everything you recall then go back to it later to try discern who you are seeing and the messages you are given.

Good luck with whatever method you chose, that works for you.

Jimmy on Peace

~ take good care in all things ~peace out in unity and respect

#5 OFFLINE   LoneSoul

LoneSoul

Im now a VIP around here

• VIP
  • 262 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

Every time I've tried this, I always seem to lull myself into sleep - yet I can spend hours on end scrying without any of that. I'm wondering if bed isn't the right place for me to mediate or if I'm not entering into it properly.

I tend to find that cleansing my aura tends to help me to relax enough to try to meditate and I can achieve the deep sense of calm and even travel with 2 of my guides (the 2 main ones that I work with). My last attempt saw me sat in a tipi (or a teepee as I know them) on a fur (I suspect that it was a wolf fur based on its colouring and the fact that I have past life connection to this particular fur - I recognized it from an earlier life) before a fire in a country that I know no longer exists somewhere south of what we now call Mexico.

I'm in a small village of tipi's feeling relaxed and calm where I've burrowed down into myself to avoid going astro traveling since I can do that and have been told by my mum not to do it because of the risk of body possession. All I can feel is the deep calm and I end up getting frustrated and going to sleep because I want to travel and have to fight myself not to.

#6 OFFLINE   Thunderbird

Thunderbird

Im a Spirit Charmer

• Spirit Charmer
  • 3,211 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

I think its quite nice going from a meditative state to sleep state, even if you do go to sleep there are perhaps guides that will pass on a message.. so it is no better in some ways to meditate than being in a sleep state where astro travel or messages can be passed. If you are comfy, warm and happy just go with the flow. I think it is true that if you are sitting bolt upright in a chair for instance, back straight you are more likely to be in control and true meditative state, as for me I stick to my comfy arm chair and if I fall asleep then I am just as happy, I can be in a meditative state in the bath too, nice and cozy in the deep aromatic bubbles :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: meditation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 8 user(s)